Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Write for 5 mins...unedited, just write

becoming a parent doesn't always happen the way you think is will as a child. Much of my childhood was spent dreaming about who I would marry, where I would live, and what my kids names would be. I never had a passion or dream for what I wanted to be when I grew up. I figured I had all the time in the world to figure it out. Now I am 32 married with three children, but how I got here was not remotely close to what I envisioned. Wow!!
When I first found out  was pregnant in the summer of 2003, I was living in a motel room (you read that right, roadside motel) with my emotionally abusive, ex-con boyfriend. Oh did I fail to mention I was about 750 miles from my friends and family. Lets just say it wasn't planned and I didn't know if I could go along with it or not. The day I took the test and found out,  we were at his friends house so he didn't want me to say it out loud, so he wrote on a piece of paper "Circle yes or no". I sat there and stared at him. This was the man I was tied to for the rest of my existence, this was the man whose DNA was mixing with mine inside me to create a person. This man, wanted me to answer him like a first grader asking "do you like me?"

No comments: